|Posted by Jared Smith on October 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM|
The results of our meeting, 10/23/10:
Topics to be discussed:
1) Taking up monies from the members to offer a donation to Aldridge Gardens for allowing us to run our boats there.
Aldridge Gardens has asked that we do not make any donations to the Gardens, but use the monies to work on a joint boardwalk/pier project on the lake.
2) To have a one time 'away' meeting at a different location than Aldridge Gardens. Several locations have been brought up.
We have agreed to an away meeting , probably at Steve Bad's on Lake Martin.
3) To have an event at Aldridge Gardens (with other clubs) The Gardens has told us they would promote the event for us. Such as a regatta/swap meet.
We have agreed to have a swap meet/regatta at Aldride Gardens on Nov 20th or 27th. Date to be decided later
4) A pier or boardwalk into the lake for a better launch site for our boats.
See answer to topic #1
5 Do we need or want officers.
No, not at the present time.
6) Some discussion has come up about some non-members using the lake. Maybe some form of ID for members?
The guards have had a couple of problems with others interested in the club showing up at different hours. We have determined that this is not our concern.